Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hurrican Sandy on Twitter

Hurricane Sandy blew up on Twitter when it occurred and I mean what can we really trust that is displayed on twitter or Facebook? I think twitter does have some truth to it but most of it is just peoples thoughts and reaction to the severe storm that hit us. I am from the small island of Nantucket in Massachusetts and when hurricane sandy hit everything shut down and the island almost flooded out but there were people tweeting about it like they knew what exactly was going on there, could there have been TRUTH behind what they were saying? Probably but highly unlikely. Facebook to me is a more truthful social media site because when stuff happens in the world not only do people just post their feelings about it but they also post videos of news report, videos etc. I believe truth about something is all in the imagery. Bottom line is I can never TRUST whats on twitter because their are too many bias opinions and too much false evidence is displayed on there, you would have to be dumb to believe everything you read that could possibly be posted by 12 years old who have no clue what they are talking about. I can honestly say I put about 75percent worth  of truth in Facebook and maybe 25percent into twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment